What is GEMS?
Graduate Employability Management Scheme(GEMS) is a Government capacity building initiative developed to equip graduates with commercially useful skills and experience that will enhance their Employability.
What is The Purpose?
Mobilising human capital to support the country’s economic growth by reducing unemployment among graduates
Objectives of GEMS:
- Meet industry needs
- Promote experiential learning
- Reduce talent shortage in NKEA
- Focus on industry targeted by ETP
- Ensure high income jobs for graduates
- Act as another talent pipeline for the industry
- Prioritize domain-specific training to enable effective contribution
- Ensure High Income Jobs for graduates